Monday, July 21, 2008

Featured Artisan: www.AmberCripe.etsy.com






My mother named me Amber Dawn, which translates into Golden Morning. She was so proud of the name she chose. I love it too! When I named my children I thought long and hard before picking just any name, like my mother had done. I stay at home with my 3 children and craft when I can. Sometimes that makes for a messy house and an office that looks like a tornado hit... I'm creative, not neat!

I love to make many things.
I am currently obsessed with making baby wipes cases.
The fabrics I am currently using are
all fabrics that I have purchased from other Etsians.
I am in the process of making pillows though!
I think I have been making crafts all of my life.

I have 3 children and have wipes cases all over my house!
They look so much nicer with pretty fabrics around them!
At first I was making them for myself, then as baby gifts, and then I found Etsy.

Finding time to make things can be difficult, but then it all works out in the end.
I have to put my family first, so sometimes it takes me longer than planned to finish an item. I love it when I finish an item and my husband says "Wow, that's awesome".

Like I said, I only purchase fabric from other Etsy sellers.
I feel that in doing so, I am helping myself and helping others who love the craft as much as me.

What would you most want people to know about your work?
I put my heart into everything I make.
If it's not right, I redo it. If it's not perfect, it's not done!

The best advice I have been given on Etsy has probably been my choice of fabrics.
I was using things that I purchased at local shops, and have found that
the fabrics I purchase now are more popular and eye catching.
My advice, if it's not selling, change it up!

I try to make time at least 3 days a week to either blog, surf the net or just spread my link around. I also try to list items more often. I visit many blogs and take advice from anyone I can. Learning never ends!

Here are a few shops from Etsy that I love:
www.shezarealgem.etsy.com
www.urartist.etsy.com
www.PudledukSoapCo.etsy.com
www.TerriTaylorDesign.etsy.com
www.RKEMdesigns.etsy.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amber is a wonderful designer and even better friend. This gal is the real deal!

Mel
www.shezarealgem.etsy.com